We are a technology company on a mission to make education accessible. Study.com helps millions of students improve their grades, gain career skills and earn college credit. We offer self-paced, online video courses that cover every subject taught in middle school through junior college as well as a growing suite of corporate learning and professional education products. We’ve built our platform from the ground up, leveraging data and technology to make the entire learning process simple and engaging for students.
We are a profitable, fast growing company looking to expand our team.
We began our journey in 2002 as a self-funded start-up and have grown every year since our inception. As a small, independent company, our employees have a direct impact on company direction and results.
We are located in the heart of downtown Mountain View, just a few steps from the Caltrain station. We only hire top talent, so those who pass our rigorous interview process will find themselves as part of one of the brightest and most innovative teams in Silicon Valley.
We have a culture of social responsibility. As we continue to generate profits, we give back by funding scholarship programs and helping charitable organizations provide open access to information and education throughout the poorest regions of the world.
Come join us on our mission and make a difference.
About the Sr. Software Engineer in Test Opening
Study.com serves over 25 million users each month, which requires a solid architectural foundation and cutting-edge user experience. We're seeking a proactive, data-driven and detail oriented innovative engineer to help taking the quality of our product to the next level. Your work will directly impact how we evolve and grow.
The successful Sr. Software Engineer in Test knows and loves working with the latest software stacks and test automation framework, can utilize multidimensional test data sets, can draw from experience to impact our platform, passionate about education and can deliver thorough test result in a fast pace environment. You are analytical, creative, and you don’t quit. Study.com has a culture of getting things done, and demands exceptional collaboration across its engineering and product teams.
The Sr. Software Engineer in Test is a technical position that requires experience writing Java code and test methodologies.
- Create test plans and test cases based on user stories
- Execute tests, identify and communicate defects and risks
- Work closely with team members to evangelize an emphasis on quality through the entire SDLC
- Apply best practices in day to day testing using comprehensive test data and automation suite
- Enhance automated test suites and tools to meet business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability and other quality goals
- At least 5+ years of hands-on industrial quality assurance (QA) experience in SDLC
- Good Java programming and debugging skills
- Experience with test automation tools and libraries such as Selenium, TestNG, HtmlUnit, JMeter
- Experience with REST API and Service testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivation, and detail oriented
- Great team player in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with test automation development
- Hands-on QA experience with mobile applications
- Scripting skill using Shell, Python, or Groovy
- Comfortable with Windows or Linux, Jira, Maven
- Great sense of time and priority management
Why work for Study.com?
- Help make education accessible to people who need it
- Enjoy a fun, casual and collaborative working environment
- Participate in bi-monthly Innovation Fridays to work on your passion projects
- Join a profitable and financially stable company that is still mission driven
- Help guide company decisions and direction
- See results of your work in days, not years
- Have your work impact 25+ million web visitors each month
- Grow professionally with our training and skill development programs
- Work with other talented and passionate team members
- Competitive compensation (including salary and bonus plan)
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
- 20 days of flexible paid time off annually (increases to 30 days over 5 years)
- Additional 10 paid holidays annually
- Flexible work schedules
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans (we pay 100% of premiums)
- Fully subsidized Caltrain pass
- Tuition reimbursement and gift matching programs
- Stocked kitchen and beverages provided
- Company sponsored gym memberships
- Company sponsored Friday happy hour to celebrate weekly accomplishments