About the Job
About the Company: The Blount family has been in the food business since 1880. Our product Line includes refrigerated and frozen gourmet soups, side dishes and entrees for food service and retail. The Company, headquartered in Fall River, MA, is the largest producer of clam chowder in New England and the largest manufacturer of Lobster bisque in the country.
Summary: Directly supervise employees in a fast paced environment assuring conformance to Food Safety Regulations, Food Defense, and all Corporate Policies. This position is or may be the facility SQG Practioner.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Other duties may be assigned.
- May serve as the SQF (Safe Quality Foods Practitioner for specific facility
- Lead and motivate the Quality Assurance Team in order to achieve daily goals
- Assist in designing, implementation and enforcement of product quality and food safety control points
- Collect, log and report trends on information gathered
- Maintain, create and communicate quality reporting data
- Communicated quickly and effectively with all levels of production management
- Know and understand all policies and standard operating procedures throughout the facility to audit, inspect and ensure compliance
- Conduct and inspect or audit Blount facilities to assure compliance with the applicable procedures as directed by Quality Assurance managment
- Administer and/or attend necessary meetings pertaining to food safety and product quality, including HACCP team meetings.
- Manage product hold program, including making decisions regarding questionable product.
- Serve as the primary liaison with regulatory officials.
- Manage all daily responsibilities of the QA staff over two shifts, assuring that there are no lapses in coverage.
- Train all related QA employees in their essential duties as well as keeping them informed of any changes to the system.
- Conduct investigation into root cause of customer complaints, and takes measures to prevent recurrence.
Education and/or Experience: Associates degree (A.S.) from a two-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: HACCP Certification, SQF Practitioner Certification.
Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
Paid time off including vacation and holidays
Education Assistance Program
Life insurance and Short Term Disability
Blount Fine Foods is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital, & veteran status.