About the Job
CHIT is looking for an experienced proposal writer to join our business development team. The proposal writer creatively presents complex approaches in written and oral proposals for Federal Government agencies. The successful candidate plays a vital role in presenting technical, management, past performance, and resume/staffing solutions for support services proposals.
* Supports the capture and proposal process by researching and gathering technical information for use in proposal development activities.
* Applies interpersonal and interviewing skills to gather needed information from CHIT professionals and teammates/partners to support writing activities.
* Researches and collaborates with CHIT technical and business professionals on the most effective way to present proposed approaches and solutions and substantiate any claims.
* Writes clear, persuasive, and articulate proposal sections; translates technical and other ideas into easily understandable text; rewrites and reviews proposal sections and related proposal documents.
* Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
* Interviews program managers and other technical personnel to collect technical and methodology information and subsequently incorporate that information into writing winning technical approach sections of proposals.
* Writes corporate experience and past performance sections, interfacing with program managers on contract specifics.
* Writes sections within the technical approach on topics such as software development, system engineering, end user support, help desk operations, application development, etc.
* Writes sections within management volumes on topics such including staffing, recruiting, transition, reporting, quality management, risk, and key personnel.
* Supports development of technical and management white papers and responses to requests for information (RFI) and sources sought notices (SSNs).
* Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
* Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other personnel or establishment personnel.
* Establish the electronic file structure, archive, and back-up capability and procedures for all proposal materials on the team’s server system.
* Minimum 3-years work experience as a writer/editor in the federal proposal environment.
* 4-year degree in a related field (e.g. English, Journalism, Business Writing, etc.) or equivalent work experience in a Federal Government proposal environment
* Excellent English language, grammar, and spelling skills for writing, editing, and proofreading
* Ability to work independently or as a member of a team on various tasks
* Skilled at organizing and translating information into clear written documentation; articulating complex concepts and processes in writing
* Proven ability to effectively research subject matter
* Experience working in a collaborative environment; ability to work well under tight deadlines and effectively interact with a wide range of personnel
* Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written language communication skills
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft product suite, with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and advanced Excel skills
* Ability to work flexible working hours needed for proposal preparation, including extended hours, evening/night hours, weekends, and holidays
* Experience with the support services or Health IT Consulting industry, such as management/technical consulting firm, program support, engineering, IT, logistics, and training
* Healthcare IT industry experience a plus
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
* Should be extremely facts and data oriented
* Should be deadline and closure oriented
* Strong communication, interpersonal, persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills
* Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills
* Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals
CHIT offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. CHIT is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. CHIT maintains a drug-free workplace.