About the Job
Do you want to work for the biggest energy provider in the Houston area? Reliant Energy is hiring in their call center and has several openings for Customer Service Representatives! This Customer Service opportunity will offer an opportunity to grow within a great company! There are several perks to working for Reliant Energy including regular incentives, weekends off, top performer luncheons and dinners, trips, and a home agent program for those agents who excel amongst their peers! This job is perfect for students taking online classes, and you will build beneficial skills such as customer service and sales techniques. If you have a naturally outgoing personality and can strike up a conversation with anyone, then this is the job for you!
The Reliant Customer Service Representative is the primary point of contact for residential and small commercial customers who contact the Customer Service Center by phone, fax, Internet, or mail. The CSR is responsible for interacting with customers and responding to their complaints, inquiries, and requests in a professional and courteous manner. There are openings for both Bilingual and English Representatives! Our client is located in Downtown Houston.
- Participate in sales of products and services
- Actively promote the company and the value of its products and services
- Interact with customers, issue orders, and analyze accounts to resolve billing inquiries; negotiate payment options/deposits and provide customers with assistance in obtaining various company products and services
- Interface with a wide variety of people both internally and externally in a diplomatic manner
- Effectively utilize resources, i.e. computer systems, software programs and phone equipment
- Consistently apply knowledge required to perform technical and procedural aspects of the position
- Diffuse customer escalations (customer save skills)
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Experience in customer service preferred but not required
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus, but not a requirement
- Demonstrated ability of good customer service skills and up-selling/cross-selling products
- Basic math skills and analytical ability necessary to respond to billing inquiries
- Strong interpersonal skills and respect for diversity
- Attention to detail and time management
- Good communication skills, written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
Equipment Used/Software Needed:
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Work is carried out in a controlled, agreeable environment as generally represented by normal office conditions
- Must be willing to submit a background check and a drug screen
- Must be available to work full time, Monday – Friday 7am – 8pm, 40 hours a week. Could be 8 hour or 10 hour shifts
- 4 weeks of paid training at an hourly rate of $11.05 ( Will be Mon-Fri 8-5pm)
- Pay rate will increase after successful completion of training to range from $12.75 to $13.75
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Some overtime may be required as special projects arise
• Physical exertion includes bending, pushing, standing and walking. Must be able to move or lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
• Good clarity of speech and other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits employee to communicate effectively.
• Good personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations to perform office duties and travel with necessary to off-site locations.
• Good vision and good hearing acuity (with glasses and hearing aids, if necessary).
• Skilled in use of computer screens and manual dexterity in use of keyboard
Mental and Aptitude Requirements:
- Analytical, conceptual, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Work cooperatively with staff, clients and representatives of other companies; conduct all business in a courteous, professional manner.
- Must be willing to submit a background check and possibly a drug screen.
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- If applicable, must have valid driver's license or valid photo ID
- Must be available to work during company business hours.
Riverway Business Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S. Clients will not sponsor visas.