Get new similar jobs by email for
Vending - Route Driver
|Our vision for success is a powerful one: to continue to rise above the competition in every aspect of our business, from leading-edge technology, to purchasing, to food service, to catering and vending. That kind of commitment commands only the best, and it’s our great people providing great service that generates our great results.|
Continental Services, the leading independent food service company in Michigan, is seeking professional and customer oriented Route Driver candidates for our clients in the Lansing area.
As a route driver, you would drive a company-owned truck over an established route to deliver and sell products or render services while collecting money from machines and performing other essential duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
· Drives truck to existing customer place of business and fills vending machines to proper inventory levels with such items as soft drinks, pastry, packaged foods and snack items.
· Collects and records stale, rejected or unsold merchandise.
· Collects money from machines, replaces bill changers and refills coin tubes.
· Records transactions on appropriate form and/or electronic device, reviews daily and weekly accountability reports; accountable for all company cash and product issued.
· Responsible for proper handling of perishable products.
· All cold food products must be kept refrigerated during transit and storage.
· Selects items from warehouse and loads truck each day; prepares order forms for food and pastry products for assigned route.
· Introduces customers to new products and services, in addition to company promotions; listens to and resolves service complaints at assigned accounts.
· Reports any improper machine operation.
· Conducts minor repairs and adjustments on machine operation such as removal of bent coins and replacing display lights.
· Performs routine cleaning and sanitation on machines.
· Unload and clean trash from delivery vehicle, perform daily vehicle operative checks, report vehicle problems to the proper parties, secure keys and vehicle.
To qualify, you must possess:
· Detail-oriented, diplomatic and comfortable working in structured environments
· Excellent customer relations skills
· Ability to meet physical demands that include, but are not limited to: frequently lifting and moving 25 – 50 pounds, standing and walking for extended periods of time, as well as stoop, crouch, climb, etc.
· High school diploma or GED
· Basic language and mathematical skills
Continental Services offers qualified full-time individuals competitive starting salaries, comprehensive benefits packages and promotional opportunities.
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to CSIresume@continentalserv.com