Our client is a consumer products based company that sells its product to the mass and specialty retail chain stores and distributors throughout the United States and Canada. We are conducting a search for a Vice President of Sales that will lead the sales organization in executing the goals and objectives of the Company as it relates to sales and gross profit. This position will report to the Chief Creative Officer of the Company.
Key responsibilities for the position include:
- Build and develop the high performance sales team and be a mentor to the future sales leaders of the Company.
- Establish and nurture relationships with the existing customer base and develop new business opportunities for future growth.
- Manage the sales organization within budget.
- Research new markets and channels and market share growth opportunities, manage the liquidation channels and inventories.
- Report on scorecard performance and market conditions.
- Establish and build effective relationships, both inside the organization and outside to maximize the strategic progress and achieve results.
- Manage the key process improvement and precess re-engineering initiatives.
- Provide direction, review, approve and conduct sales presentations.
- Represent the Company at trade shows, consumer shows and events.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Seven to ten years of successful sales management within the consumer products industry with experience selling to the mass market including Wal-Mart.
- BA degree in Business or related field of study.
- Thorough and in-depth understanding and experience in P&L management, business strategy and sales management.
- Thorough and in-depth understanding of merger & acquisition integration.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to build a team that works well together.
- Thorough and in-depth understanding of customers category performance, trends, customer long and short term strategies, and the ability to direct multiple, detailed initiatives at the same time.
- Proven customer relationship building and presentation skills.
- Thorough and in-depth knowledge of consumer trends, consumer insights, market feasibility and research techniques and principles and the ability to develop consumer focused product lines and platforms.
- Ability to perform successfully in a fast-paced creative environment serving multiple channels.
- Ability to relate well with all levels of management and can manage with a vision and purpose.
- Ability to lead a team charge with growing a business with a collaborative style, open mindedness, and ability to accept and build on the ideas and concepts of others.
If you possess these skills and qualifications and are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume via email in Word format to email@example.com. Please refer to Job ID Code #13CLT020 when submitting your resume.