JOB TITLE: VP of Application Development
REFERENCE NUMBER: 71007
JOB TYPE: DIRECT PLACEMENT
Our client is a leading international insurance organization serving more than 88 million customers in more than 130 countries around the globe. In United States, our client is the leading provider of life insurance and retirement services.Our client is ranked among the top 50 largest public companies in the world according to 2014 Forbes Global 2000 list.
The VP of Application Development works alongside other talented and highly motivated individuals who are committed to reaching a common goal and are a world class team with diverse and unequaled expertise.
Reporting to the CIO Annuities & Institutional Markets, the VP of Application Development provides high quality Information Technology systems on time, within agreed-to-budget with superior quality using approved architecture and products as well as ensure the availability of existing deployed systems through global project teams. The VP of Application Development set goals, assigns and directs staff activities, provides guidance and training, reviews and evaluates work of staff and prepares periodic performance appraisals. This position with also confer with employees in developing career plans and addressing development needs, contribute to salary planning processes and strategic planning processes.
- Leverages technical planning and analytical capabilities
- Ensures systems developed are in compliance with standards and guidelines
- Performs the role of technical oversight for all systems related activity
- Demonstrates pro-active problem resolution abilities, demonstrates ability to be a problem solver
- Maintains relationships with key vendors supporting the projects
- Overall responsibility to the business to maintain service levels and production system availability
- May staff technical project teams with appropriate skill sets
- Manages multiple projects/project managers
- Works with business partners to integrate systems deliveries into business process
- Implements and understands technical vision and ensures project managers implement projects following corporate guidelines
- May be responsible for overall project and department budgets
- Identify project risks and provides appropriate process and procedures to mitigate those risks
- Delivers approved systems according to plan
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology or related field preferred
- 10+ years application development experience including 3-5 years experience managing projects and staff
- Must have an Annuities background with exposure to Variable, Index and Fixed products
- Previous management with both in-house development teams as well as vendor supported applications
- Financial responsibility of project or area operating budget
- Managed at least one project of a group of 20-25 staff members
- Technical management background, ability to match business plans with cost effective technical solutions
- Knowledge of the system development life cycle and application program
- Project and people management skills
- Analytical and technical skills
- Communications and interpersonal skills
- Team building and coaching skills
- Architectural understanding of traditional mainframe, two-tier client/server and multi-tier web development
- Leadership, management, communication and technical skills
- The ability to interact with senior business leaders
- Able to manage team interaction between core application development teams located throughout the world
- Ability to manage multiple projects or a single large project within a business department
- Knowledge of business processes
- Strong background in various technical solutions; has strong development and maintenance experience
- Strong business acumen and have demonstrated leadership skills
Triad Resources specializes in direct hire staffing, managed contract services and comprehensive training solutions. As a company committed to the highest level of integrity, honesty and quality in service, we are unique in two important ways: First, we always operate with the utmost discretion and never submit your resume without discussing the opportunity and client with you. Second, we are committed to helping you find a position that matches not only your skills and experience, but your personal and professional goals as well. Utilizing our network of premier global and progressive companies, we are able to offer you exciting opportunities that keep your best interests at heart. We look forward to working with you.
Referral Program/ Refer Someone!
For every new introduction to someone new that we place in a long term or permanent job position, we award generous bonus payouts.
See all Jobs posted by Triad Resources.