Vice President of Business Development
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, the Vice President, Business Development will be responsible for the overall management of the Company’s business development organization. This includes identification, research, qualification, and capture of long-term projects, programs, and services opportunities in targeted accounts within the federal government. Individual will be responsible for achieving or exceeding the company’s target services and solutions bookings and revenue annually. Responsibilities will include identifying and qualifying opportunities, assisting in developing capture strategies, conducting competitive analysis, customer contacts, managing the capture and proposal process, preparation of bid-to-win strategies, managing B&P costs and keeping the executive management team .
- Lead the development and delivery of a detailed account plan that aligns with the company’s strategic direction as well as the customers’ mission, vision and objectives.
- Spearhead business development initiatives that are consistent with the company’s overall strategy.
- Research, uncover, understand and analyze agency missions, priorities and programs; Engage with Program-level customers, identify their key goals, missions and priorities, and map these to the account goals.
- Identify and win new, long-term business opportunities to support the company’s core capabilities and position the company for large, long-term program and services opportunities.
- Responsible for the business development planning for next generation programs that will emerge.
- Evaluate budget and funding sources, competitive environment assessment, technology applicability, market dynamics, price to win analyses and probability of winning
- Maintain accurate business projections and provide weekly reports on business development status and monthly and quarterly reporting of business metrics to ensure a strong new business pipeline is maintained
- Build and manage a business development, capture, and proposal team.
- Manage complex contract negotiation and work with legal counsel as required.
- Work to establish personal relationships with government and industry customers at all levels; establish a company presence in industry forums/events and develop high level relationships with industry vendor partners
- Revenue generation and strategic partnerships development and management.
- Be the driving force in the development of the work ethic, culture and values of the business development group. Through personal example, establish the style and approach which will characterize the Company’s dealings with the marketplace
This position requires a senior business development executive who can identify potential deals and develop the tactics and teams needed to bring them to fruition. This executive will need to actively lead the business development function in an effective, aggressive manner. At the same time, this executive is also expected to be a contributor to the management of the company as a whole, as a member of the senior management team. The needs below establish the necessary professional background and experience parameters for the successful candidate.
- 10 years plus of business development, marketing, and/or sales experience.
- Experience marketing or selling products or services
- Must possess proven leadership qualities including entrepreneurial spirit, high energy, and ability to lead large cross-functional teams, track record of managing within budget allocations, strong marketing skills with ability to attract and interact with customers at all levels in government markets
- Ideal candidate will maintain extremely high customer contact level, possess superb communication and interpersonal skills and be able to thrive in a high tempo business development organization
- Must have a marketing capability to leverage with both new and existing clients, and able to establish a solid working relationship with customers, technical staff, managers, Subcontractors and peers.
- Must possess the ability to develop and execute sales strategies, manage sales territories and leverage the right resources to optimize results.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing is required, with an MBA or JD preferred.
**This is a Business Development focused position – direct Sales/BD experience is required**
See Job Description