Get new similar jobs by email for
Job Announcement: 2nd Shift Operations Supervisor
Jacobson Companies, one of the Nation’s largest Third Party Logistics Companies with over 6,500 employees in 175 locations has an exciting opportunity for a 2nd Shift Operations Supervisor at our Flower Mound, TX distribution center. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
· Maintain proper workflow through efficient use of space and personnel following directives of Operations Manager.
· Responsible for establishing work schedules, assigning jobs, training staff, coaching, counseling and creating a culture that supports high employee morale.
· Control customer inventory level by supervising all aspects of the shipping/receiving process; including but not limited to coordinating unloading of inbound shipments, picking and staging of timed outbound shipments, verifying required shipping paperwork and meeting timed loads and outbound schedules.
· Provide safe and secure work environment through training and safety inspections
· Responsible for performance of hourly employees, providing feedback verbally and in writing.
· Must be able to work extended hours and weekends if requested.
· Developing a strong team environment, including pre-shift meetings, strong floor presence and excellent follow up.
· Understand, implement, and carry out all Company policies, procedures, and standards including but not limited to Human Resources policies, Quality Management System training and site-specific training.
· Additional supervisory duties as assigned.
The qualified candidate must possess a minimum of two years work experience in a large, high volume, multi-shift distribution center. Additional qualities include: excellent written and verbal communication, ability to work in high volume atmosphere, effective use of analytical and administrative skills, and knowledge of Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Word. Incumbent will possess excellent planning, organizing, scheduling, conflict management, and decision making skills.
Jacobson Companies offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid time off and a business casual environment.
Drug screen, background check required. Jacobson is an equal opportunity employer. To be considered for this excellent career opportunity, forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 314-754-8192.