The Warehouse Supervisor’s primary purpose, within a branch warehouse operation, is to coach, develop, and lead front-line 3rd shift warehouse personnel while also working as part of the 3rd shift work team. This specific role will have responsibility for supervising a team of up to 4 members (Loaders).
Ultimately the goal of the Warehouse Supervisor is to develop a high-performing team of warehouse personnel that consistently achieves its daily productivity goals. The Warehouse Supervisor also plays a crucial role in establishing team norms, ensuring alignment to NWNA Aspirations and Beliefs, and building teamwork. The Warehouse Supervisor will also establish expectations for individual and team performance via the merit review process and demonstrate adherence to company policies and procedures.
Inclusion of the Warehouse Supervisor position in the Branch structure is recommended when there are 3+ forklift operators working on 3rd shift and/or when the Branch Warehouse Productivity can be improved with this role.
Job Responsibility Areas:
People Development – Direct Supervisory Tasks (40%)
Reflects NWNA’s Aspirations & Beliefs in conducting daily business role and activities
Supports the interview, selection, hiring, training and retention process for front-line team members
Provides coaching and feedback to team members
Communicates effectively to team members and leads through changes in company policies and initiatives
Leads through communication via a daily warehouse planning meeting
Conducts employee PDP process including merit reviews, one-on-one’s, scorecard reviews and progressive discipline process when needed
Supports execution of work safety programs & training
Route Loading Operation – Direct Shift Work Tasks (40%)
Full Service Loading tasks as required
Ensure accurate loading of all products
Warehouse Standards – Direct Shift Work Tasks (10%)
General housekeeping of Warehouse including consolidation of product, sweeping, organizing, etc.
Light facility maintenance
Yard clean up
Complete facility security / safety inspections
Product Handling - Direct Shift Work Tasks (10%)
Load / Unload V-bed trailers
Ship / Receive / Validate all product deliveries and returns
Organize / stage product to support daily warehouse operations
Measurements for Success in this role include:
Qualitative Measurements (Attendance / Punctuality, Quality of Work, Sense of Urgency, Judgment / Problem Solving, Training & Learning, Safety, Teamwork, Flexibility / Adaptability / Initiative, Quality)
Quantitative Measurements (Productivity Targets, Safety, etc.)
- Must possess forklift certification or have at least 3-years supervisory experience of hourly people
- Minimally a High school diploma, GED, or equivalent experience is required
- Demonstrates alignment and commitment to NWNA’s Aspirations & Beliefs (core values)
- Demonstrates confidence and influence in leading team to achieve daily productivity goals
- Skilled communicator (in groups and 1-on-1), who can set clear expectations with direct reports
- Ability to hold direct reports accountable through both quantitative and qualitative goal attainment
- Ability to provide training and development for direct reports
- Provides excellent role model, peer leadership and positive influence to fellow team members
- Positive team-player attitude
- Strong organizational skills / Attention to detail
- Possesses exceptional work ethic, energy, and drive
- Ability to handle physical requirements, including, but not limited to, repeated bending, stretching, twisting, and lifting up to 60 pounds
- Able to conduct regular inventory counts and audits
- Able to safely use various warehouse equipment, including a forklift
- Valid driver’s license
- PC experience preferred (RMS, Excel, etc.)
This is a tremendous opportunity! We offer competitive pay based on education, experience, and other qualifications. We offers comprehensive benefits including medical, prescription, dental, vision, flex, life, disability, EAP, 401(k) with match, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and more!
Nestle Waters North America is the nation’s leading bottled water company, offering consumers a variety of portable, calorie-free bottled waters, including Poland Spring (insert local spring brand) and other natural spring water brands; Nestle Pure Life, a nationally distributed purified bottled water; and international brands, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. Most recently, the company has added a refreshing line of ready-to-drink iced teas. Nestle Waters North America is committed to creating shared value for society. It does so through healthy hydration, jobs and benefits to communities where it operates, and environmental stewardship, most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America.
Putting safety and quality first as we deliver the right product, to the right customer, on time, every time is what we do every day in our operations. Our competitive differentiator is our people who make it happen! Nestle Waters Direct and our trusted brands are well known throughout the United States by our familiar trucks and courteous, dedicated service experts that deliver pure, refreshing bottled water to places where people live, work and shop. Through presence, flexibility and innovation, we satisfy consumer and business needs for convenience, health and wellness.
For company news and information, please visit www.nestlewatersnorthamerica.com.
You can find us on Facebook under Nestle Waters North America Careers, on LinkedIn at Nestle Waters North America and Twitter @NestleWatersJob.
Equal Opportunity Employer