Job Title: Warehouse Worker
Summary: Receives, stores, and distributes products within establishments by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Reads customer order, vendor bill of landing, delivery receipts, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
2. Conveys materials and items from receiving areas to storage or to other designated areas.
3. Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence or bar code.
4. Sorts and stores perishable goods in refrigerated rooms.
5. Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets
6. Marks materials with identifying information.
7. Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
8. Uses computer to enter records.
9. Compiles invoices and purchase orders from customer specifications.
10. Maintains inventory records.
11. Sweeps and cleans warehouse area.
12. Responsible for all proof of delivery paperwork to include verification of information, signatures and forward to the office.
· Ensuring outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage. Reporting quality variances to supervisor
· Sorting, scanning and preparing shipments, ensuring that the exact number of product is loaded and shipped. Perform sorting duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards
· Moving and staging product and materials using a hand pallet jack or other equipment. Use radio frequency equipment for sorting and load functions, as required. Maintain the facility’s equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion. On a daily basis, inspect and perform minor maintenance on a pallet jack or other equipment. Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
· Keeping appropriate records and reports to guarantee that sort accuracy, inventory control and security are maintained. Ensure proper package sortation.
· Become knowledgeable of the responsibilities, procedures and duties of other areas of the warehouse. Act as back-up during times of absence and vacation
· Charging scanner battery as needed; perform scanning, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking as needed; repair pallets when necessary
· The teammate is responsible for operating warehouse and computer equipment in a safe, efficient manner according to all safety standards.
· Maintaining a safe working environment. Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area. Recognize our customers and GENCO’s commitment to pride and quality work. Assist in maintaining the security of the building and conduct all activities in a manner that promotes a safe environment
The Chefs’ Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.