Get new similar jobs by email for
A Global Fortune 500 company in Houston, TX is looking to bring on a Mid-Level developer for a project. This is a 12+ month contract that could end up as a full time position. Please send qualified resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Looking to hire immediately.
We are seeking a highly skilled ASP.NET/C# developer with a strong background in building
scalable, predictable, high-quality and high-performance web applications on the Microsoft technology
stack. As a Developer, you will be responsible for building and maintaining internal facing web applications. You will work with a team of experienced analysts, developers and business resources to build highly-performing enterprise systems that drive efficiency around well management processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Build new and enhance existing systems with .NET 4.0+ / ASP.NET MVC / WPF / C# / WCF Web Services / ASP.NET Web API
• Work closely with analysts and users to ensure business needs are met
• Assist with application architecture design and implementation
• Mentor mid and junior level developers and promote a learning environment through knowledge sharing
• Conduct peer reviews, provide guidance, suggest & implement best practices and techniques
• Adhere to and recommend improvements to project coding standards
• Work in a team environment with shared code; disciplined use of source code control and process documentation
• Improve software quality by conducting systems analysis, and recommending changes in policies and procedures
• Knowledge of .NET Framework and tools
• Strong object oriented design skills
• Strong oral and written communications skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Passionate about building high-quality systems with software implementation best practices while mentoring a team of developers
• Strong experience designing and working with n-tier architectures (UI, Business Logic Layer, Data Access Layer) along with experience with service-oriented architectures (SOA).
• Ability to participate in multiple projects simultaneously
• Initiative to work independently, but also ability to accept and follow instructions
• Experience with Agile methodologies
• Ability to adapt communication style to a variety of audiences and individuals
• Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment.
• Oil & Gas industry experience a plus
• Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player and exhibit exceptional relationship management skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• 3-5 years of .NET web programming experience
• Bachelors' in MIS or Computer Science a plus