Responsible for outside sales at a Stealth Startup: creating, building, and strengthening long-term relationships with new customers, while growing sales with an innovative new product designed to help streamline the wholesale market.
- Develop and manage new customers by selling online and mobile order management software to wholesalers.
- Develop and grow existing customers and maximize profitable sales; make sales presentations to all customers on an agreed-upon and consistent basis.
- Provide product information and practical training to customer personnel.
- Be informed of market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales; share information with customers as part of value-added services provided.
- Develop new business; identify prospective customers by utilizing market intelligence databases, as well as business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Assist with trade show follow-up, seminar, mass mailing, and call campaigns as required.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in an ethical manner and in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Must have reliable transportation with current insurance and clean driving record.
- Must have own mobile phone.
- 2-3 years in Restaurant or Hotel food and supplies distribution.
- Ability to conceptualize markets and anticipate changes.
- Reliable, self starter and highly motivated team player.
- Good negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Good computer skills, including MS Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook; competent to learn and adapt to new computer applications, system upgrades and other technology as necessary.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, driven sales team environment or home office with minimum supervision.