The Workforce Development Specialist (WDS) will be responsible for marketing the Training Services group of Henkels & McCoy and developing relationships with local business, organizations, vocational institutions, and career centers. The WDS will help recruit eligible participants for the training services program and marketing the training services program to community organizations/ advocates. In addition, the WDS will be responsible for identifying internships/employment opportunities for graduating participants and will organize job fairs, open houses and career development events.
- Understand program participants skills, competencies, career interests and help them improve their overall skills to become employable
- Provide work based learning activities with a focus on recruitment and placement
- Conduct at least one marketing event per quarter to attract participants and organizations
- Maintain regular contact with employers to monitor employment satisfaction
- May be assigned other tasks and duties reasonably related to their job responsibilities
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience, or
- Related BA or BS Degree (social services, counseling, business)
- Past experience working with the young adults and/or training programs
- Strong communication skills to include presentation and listening skills; writing skills and the ability to manage distractions and interruptions
- Proficiency in using MS office, XP, hardware knowledge is a plus
- Must Posses a valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Ability to pass a complete background investigation
Henkels & McCoy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.