We are seeking an experienced, hardworking, energetic individual who has a passion for fashion to join as a General Manager for our Boston store in Newbury Street!
Started in 1975 in Spain, ZARA today is an internationally known fashion retailer represented in over 88 countries around the world. Our company requires professionalism, imagination, high energy and team spirit. ZARA will give you the means to excel. ZARA will put you into the heart of the action and the heart of its growth.
We put our business in your hands. You will be managing an authentic fashion center, a model that doesn’t exist with other companies and goes far beyond other retailers. Zara stores are real 'fashion laboratories'. Zara managers monitor how/when/why merchandise is selling and transmit this information directly to headquarters. Our customers tell us what they want to wear, we listen to their opinions and tastes and the store team passes it on to our in house designers. With this valuable information our product development team swings into action to offer our customers new items every week. Our managers are in charge of buying and reordering product that goes in his/her store, human resources, administrative duties, operations and visual merchandising.
- Provides highest level of care to customers by following the Zara 6 A’s of Customer Service
- Prioritizes 24’s and consistently ensures the floor is fully stocked with merchandise
- Oversees the receiving of new shipments (stockroom layout, garment sensors, display)
- Keeps up to date on product information regarding fits, fabrics, sizes and current season trends
- Places orders for their department based on sales and latest market trends
- Follows all Zara company policies and procedures focusing on the Zara management principles
- Works closely with Store Manager to meet shrinkage goals within their department
- Ensures the proper training for all staff and recognizes potential candidates for promotion
- Opens and closes registers with cashiers at the start and/or end of the day within their department
- Recruits, interviews, develops and maintains a strong department team members
- Consistently meets sales goals set by upper management while striving to exceed expectations
- Organizes all issues relating to general services (maintenance, store orders, heating/cooling)
- Ensures that all HR procedures are followed (payroll, store coverage, budgeted hours, training)
- Oversees store inventories for department and ensures the highest level of accuracy when doing so
- Controls all returns/damages/store transfers for department
- Merchandises the store with the support of the visual merchandising team
- At least 3-5 years experience in a similar retail management position in a fast paced environment
- Organization, creativity, leadership and a strong passion for fashion a MUST
- Excellent customer service skills, as well as strong knowledge of the fashion industry and its trends.
- Open availability and flexibility to work nights and weekends, including opening and closing shifts to meet the needs of the business.
- Highly competitive base salary plus commission
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Generous vacation package
- Paid sick days
- Employee Discount
- Company paid holidays
- Gym Reimbursement
- Unique and fulfilling work environment
- Significant growth opportunities and professional development
Our company requires professionalism, imagination, high energy and team spirit. Sounds like you? Then apply now in consideration for this excellent opportunity.